No products in the cart.
This is a great healthy alternative to traditional fruit cake which is high in added sugars and fat. This cake is an excellent source of dietary fibre, important for keeping cholesterol levels in check, and it promotes better digestive function and lowers your risk of bowel cancer. Mangoes are full of beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A in the body, to boost immunity and vision and improve the health of your skin.
Mini Fruit Cakes with Cashew Cream
375g mixed sun-dried fruit (date, apple, pear, apricot, sultanas)
425g can mangoes, diced (in natural juice) – keep the juice
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1¼ cups organic wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon allspice
2 organic eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup almond flakes
½ cup crushed walnuts
Cashew nut cream:
1 cup raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight in water
¼ cup coconut milk
½ tsp vanilla bean extract
1 heap tsp raw honey or maple syrup
- Soak the cashew nuts in water overnight. This will make them soft and easy to blend into cream as well as activating them so they are easier to digest and their nutrients easier for the body to assimilate.
- Preheat your oven to 180*C and lightly grease a 6 hole muffin tin. Place a cut out circle of baking paper in the centre of each.
- In saucepan over medium heat, add mango with juice and dried fruit. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda and all spice in a large bowl and combine well.
- Mix lightly beaten eggs through dry mixture, until well combined. Then mix through fruit and almonds and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into muffin holes and bake for around 30-35 minutes.
- While your cakes are cooking start making your cashew cream. Drain your cashew nuts and place them in your food processor, with coconut milk, vanilla and honey, and blend until you have a creamy and smooth consistency.
- When your cakes are cooked an inserted skewer should come out cleanly from the centre. Take them out of the oven and cover with foil and allow them to cool completely. Once cooled run a knife around the outside of your cakes and remove from tins, turning them upside down on a plate ready for decorating.
- Top your fruit cakes with a good spoonful of cashew nut cream and a cherry.
Makes 12 mini fruit cakes.
TEA PAIRING: These Mini Fruit Cakes with Cashew Cream pair perfectly with our Bodhi Organic ZesTEA.