These delicious healthy gluten-free almond friands are rich in protein and dietary fibre to help keep blood sugar and insulin levels stable. Almonds are a great source of zinc and magnesium, needed for a strong functioning immune system and nervous system health.
Gluten-Free Almond Friands
1 cup almond flour
½ cup gluten-free oat flour
¼ cup cold pressed olive oil
4 organic eggs
1/3 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
10 good quality dark chocolate buds
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease and line a 12-hole cupcake tray.
- In a medium bowl combine almond and oat flour with baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together eggs, olive oil, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and gently combine.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake holes and place a chocolate bud in the centre of each cupcake.
- Bake for 15 minutes then enjoy.
Makes 10 cupcakes.
Recipe by naturopath Lisa Guy.