This delicious banana nice cream cake is a healthy dessert loaded with nutritional goodness. Bananas are one of the best natural sources of vitamin B6. This important B vitamin plays a role in mood regulation and is necessary for a healthy functioning nervous system. Consuming foods rich in B6 can help reduce depression and enhance mood as they’re necessary for making serotonin, dopamine and GABA. Bananas also contain good levels of the amino acid tryptophan, which is also required for serotonin production. Almonds are a great source of protein which provides essential amino acids to build and repair the body along with making important hormones. Almonds are also loaded with beneficial unsaturated fats, vitamin E, zinc, magnesium and calcium.
Banana Nice Cream Cake + Honey Almond Crunch
6 medjool dates, remove pit
1/4 c oats
1/3 c raw almonds
4 Tbsp cold pressed coconut oil
4 ripe bananas
¾ cup coconut cream
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
3 heap Tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
¾ cup whole raw almonds
1 Tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Line a cheese cake tin with baking paper.
- Place ¾ cup raw almonds in a small bowl and drizzle with honey. Mix until all the almond are coated.
- Place on a baking tray with baking paper and place in the oven for 10mins. Let almonds cool and then roughly chop.
- Place medjool dates, oats, 1/3 cup almonds, and coconut oil in your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Place base into your tin and press down evenly. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Add all filling ingredients into your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour over your base and then return to the freezer for 4 hours or overnight, until set.
- Top with honey almonds and then leave out of the freezer for 5 min before serving to allow it to soften a little.