These decadent Macadamia Cherry Ripe Balls make a delicious healthy treat for Christmas. Macadamia nuts are rich in protein to help keep you satisfied and curb sugar cravings, along with heart healthy monounsaturated fats. Cherries and raspberries are jam-packed with protective antioxidants and vitamin C, to help support healthy immune function, and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer. Dark chocolate and raw cacao nibs contain powerful compounds called polyphenols that have been found to help boost cardiovascular health and lower cholesterol levels.
Macadamia Cherry Ripe Balls
200g raw macadamia nuts
100g shredded coconut
6 medjool dates, remove seeds
1 cup cherries, remove seeds
1/4 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
250g good quality dark chocolate
Handful raw cacao nibs for topping
Small mint leaves for decoration
- Place macadamia nuts, coconut, dates, cherries and raspberries in your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Roll into balls and then place in the freezer for 40 min.
- Melt chocolate in a water bath then place balls in melted chocolate, coat well, then remove with a fork. Place balls on a tray covered in baking paper.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs. Do this before the chocolate sets.
- Place balls in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Top each ball with a small mint leaf before serving.
Makes 10 cherry ripe balls.
TEA PAIRING: Our Bodhi Organic LongeviTEA goes perfectly with these Macadamia Cherry Ripe Balls.