This lovely light Gluten-free Baked Lemon Cheesecake is a delicious healthy alternative to sugar-laden regular cheesecakes. The nutritious protein-rich ingredients in this recipe provide the body with essential amino acids to build and repair the body, make neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine which are important for mood, and needed for strong healthy hair, skin and nails. You will also find a good dose of calcium and zinc in this healthy cheesecake, required for strong bones and a well functioning immune system.
Gluten-free Baked Lemon Cheesecake
1 ¾ cup almond meal
¼ cup raw cacao powder
½ cup arrowroot flour
¼ cup coconut oil
3 Tbsp maple syrup
250g cream cheese
2 Tbsp arrowroot
1/3 cup maple syrup or raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 organic egg
Juice and zest ½ lemon
Thick whipping cream
- Preheat oven 180*C and grease 1 x 8 inch tart tin.
- Place all base ingredients in your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Press mixture into your tins. Make sure you bring the mixture up the sides and even them off with a knife.
- Bake the base for 14 minutes, then put aside. If the base has risen in places you can easily press it down with a spoon while it is still soft.
- Mix all filling ingredients together in your food processor and pour over the base.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Turn the oven off and then leave your cheesecake in the oven, with the door open, for an hour. Allow your cheesecake to cool and then refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Decorate your cheesecake with some whipped cream, berries, a drizzle of honey and some chopped pistachios.