This gorgeous Gluten-free Pineapple Carrot Cake is so lovely and moist and full of nutritious ingredients. Carrots are an excellent source of beta-carotene which is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrient that is converted to vitamin A in the body. Including carrots in the diet will help support good eye health and vision. This cake is also rich in dietary fibre, protein, vitamin E and healthy fats to promote good cardiovascular and digestive health along with balanced blood sugar levels.
You could also use this cake recipe for high tea. Try making 12 small cakes and decorate them beautifully with flowers, dried pineapple pieces and crushed walnuts. You could also try covering the frosted sides of the cake with crushed walnuts.
Gluten-free Pineapple Carrot Cake
2 cup almond meal
1 ¾ oat flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
4 tsp baking powder
2 cup finely grated carrots (3 large carrots)
3 organic eggs
1/3 cup raw honey
3/4 cup coconut milk
2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup chopped pineapple pieces
500g cream cheese
6 Tbsp raw honey
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
Dried pineapple rings (sugar and sulphur free)
- Preheat oven to 350*C.
- Grease and line 2 round cake tins with circle of baking paper.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place wet ingredients and 1 cup of grated carrot in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and gently mix, add 1 cup grated carrot, pineapple pieces and walnut pieces.
- Pour mixture into the two cake tins evenly.
- Place in the oven for 30 min until a skewer comes out cleanly.
- Leave cakes to cool completely before adding cream cheese frosting.
- To make the frosting beat cream cheese, honey and vanilla in a bowl until well combined. Divide mixture in half and spread half over one cake. Place the other cake on top and then spread the remaining frosting over the top of the cake and down the sides. Put your cake in the fridge for around 15 minutes so the frosting becomes firm and then take it out and smooth over the frosting with a knife.
- Decorate with dried pineapple rings, flowers and walnuts and serve. Keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Makes around 10-12 slices.