These absolutely delicious Gluten Free Brownies are so good you definitely won’t be able to stop at just one.
They are the perfect accompaniment with a cup of Bodhi Organic tea. Sweet potatoes are full of beta-carotene goodness, which is important for strengthening the immune system and for supporting the health of your eyes, mucous membranes and skin. Sweet potatoes are also a great source of fibre and complex carbohydrates, needed for slow releasing energy. Raw cacao, which is chocolate in its natural form, contains potent antioxidants called phenols. These antioxidants prevent bad ‘LDL’ cholesterol from clogging up arteries, lower total cholesterol and reduce blood pressure.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo
Gluten free brownies, with sweet potato
3 cups grated sweet potato (approx. 1 medium sweet potato)
¼ cup coconut oil
1/3 cup raw honey
2 organic eggs
3 heap Tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
½ cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Line a square baking tin with baking paper.
3. Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
4. Pour into baking tin and smooth out with a knife.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer comes out cleanly from the centre.
- Absolutely delicious served straight out of the oven with a dollop of fresh cream, or some raspberries.
- Allow them to cool and melt some dark chocolate over the top.
- Allow them to cool and dust some cacao on top.
- Add some raw cacao nibs to the mix, or walnuts.