This lovely light Gluten-free Banana Bread is full of taste and nutritional goodness.
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed by the body for a healthy nervous system. They also contain the amino acid tryptophan which is in charge of producing serotonin. Serotonin has a calming effect on the brain, acting as a mild sedative and helps us feel good during times of stress. Bananas are rich in potassium, which not only helps to keep the heart healthy it does wonders for your sex drive. Potassium (along with B vitamins) are needed for the production of the sex hormones in men and women to promote a healthy love life. Potassium is also important for boosting bone health, helping to reduce the risk of osteoporosis. Bananas are also one of the few fruits that contain a type of fibre called resistant starch, which support and maintain the health of our colon by promoting healthy levels of “friendly” bowel bacteria.
This banana bread makes a delicious afternoon treat with a cuppa or tasty breakfast topped with some ricotta and a drizzle of honey.
Gluten-free banana bread
3 medium ripe bananas
3 organic eggs
2 tablespoons raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups almond meal
1/4 cup chia seeds
Handful of roughly chopped almonds for topping
1. Preheat your oven to 160 C and line a square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Combine bananas, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, eggs, bicarb and lemon juice in your food processor.
3. Add the almond meal and flaxseed and mix well.
4. Pour your batter into the tin, decorate with chopped almonds and bake for 1 hour until a skewer comes out cleanly from the centre.
5. Remove from the oven, drizzle in a little honey and allow it to cool before removing it from the tin.