This lovely light Mango & Passion Fruit Tart is full of nutritional goodness. Mangoes and passion fruit are both excellent sources of vitamin C to help support a strong immune system and healthy skin. Vitamin C is also important for boosting collagen production to keep your skin looking toned and youthful. This delicious tropical tart also provides a good dose of healthy fats and dietary fibre needed to keep cholesterol levels in check and to promote cardiovascular health.
Mango & Passion Fruit Tart
9 medjool dates, removed pits
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup shredded coconut
250g mango pieces
5 tsp lemon juice
300g coconut milk, full fat
1/3 cup honey or 100% maple syrup
1 Tbsp + 2 tsp cornstarch
3 tsp agar-agar powder
Passion fruit jelly:
4 large passion fruits
3 Tbsp honey or 100% maple syrup
1 1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tsp agar agar powder
- Grease an 8 inch cheesecake tin and line with baking paper.
- Place all crust ingredients in your food processor and blend until well combined and your mixture is sticking together. If you mixture is too moist add some more almond meal.
- Press your base mixture into the bottom of your tin and press the mixture up the sides. Trim the top with a knife so it looks even. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- For the filling blend mango, lemon juice, honey and coconut milk together.
- In a small saucepan heat coconut mixture until it starts to boil. Add in the cornstarch and agar agar and stir continuously until it starts to thicken.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and then pour it over your base. Place in the fridge for an hour to set while you are making the jelly.
- To make the jelly use a small saucepan and add water, passion fruit pulp and honey and bring it to the boil. Add agar agar powder and let it simmer for 3 minutes, stirring continuously, until the agar is dissolved. Strain mixture to remove the passion fruit seeds and keep them aside for decorating.
- Allow your jelly to cool to room temperature before pouring it over the filling. Top with some passion fruit seeds.
- Place your tart back in the fridge for 2 hours until it sets.