This decadent healthy gluten-free Chocolate Cake with Caramel Frosting is loaded with wholesome ingredients. This cake provides plenty of protein, fibre and healthy fats to support growth and repair of the body, along with good bowel health and cardiovascular function. You will also get a good dose of magnesium and calcium from this delicious cake to help promote strong bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis.
Gluten-free Chocolate with Caramel Frosting
2 ½ cups almond meal
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
2 organic eggs
1/3 cup 100% maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
¼ cup tahini
6 medjool dates, remove pits
3 Tbsp 100% maple syrup
3 Tbsp coconut cream
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 180*C. Grease an 8 inch round cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Combine all cake ingredients together and then pour into your cake tin.
- Place your cake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out of the centre cleanly.
- While your cake is cooking make the caramel frosting. Combine all frosting ingredients together in your food processor, until you have a creamy consistency. Keep in the fridge to stiffen up until its ready to use.
- Wait until your cake cools completely before covering with your caramel frosting.
- Decorate with flowers or crushed almonds, chocolate shavings or raw cacao nibs.