Aussies love their lamingtons so to celebrate Australia Day we are sharing our awesome healthy gluten-free lamington recipe filled with chia jam. They're super moist and made with only wholesome ingredients. These tasty cakes are sure to please for an afternoon treat with a cup of tea.
Healthy Gluten-free Lamingtons
5 organic eggs
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup melted organic butter
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 Tbsp baking powder (gluten-free)
Chia Jam filling:
2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
2 heap Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp honey
280g dark chocolate
1/4 cup coconut milk
Desiccated unsweetened coconut
- Preheat your oven to 160*c. Grease a square cake tin and line it with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs until they are light and fluffy.
- Mix in coconut milk, butter, honey and vanilla essence.
- Add coconut and almond flour and then mix until combined. Don't over mix or you will have heavy laminations.
- Pour your mixture into the cake tin and then bake for 35 minutes, or until a knife comes out cleanly from the centre.
- While your cake is cooking make the chia jam. Blend all jam ingredients in your food processor and then pour into a small saucepan over a medium heat. Keep stirring your jam for around 8 minutes until it becomes thick. Pour into a glass jar and put in the fridge.
- Allow your cake to cool then cut into 16 medium squares.
- Spread jam on 8 squares and then top with another square of cake.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add your coconut cream. When it starts to boil turn down the heat and add your chocolate. Keep stirring until it becomes smooth.
- Pour desiccated coconut on a plate.
- Dip the sides of your lamingtons in chocolate then put on a tray with baking paper. Spread other sides with chocolate once it is on the tray. This bit can be a bit tricky and messy. Once they are covered in coconut they will be easier to handle.
- Sprinkle tops and sides with coconut. Then pick up lamingtons and dip them into coconut on the plate, to coat them fully.
- Place lamingtons in the fridge until they are ready to eat.