These delicious gluten-free ginger cookies are a healthy alternative to sugar-laden store bought varieties. Ginger is well known for its powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger is beneficial for stimulating circulation and improving digestion, along with helping lower cholesterol levels.
Gluten-free Ginger Cookies
¼ cup coconut sugar + extra for coating
1 organic egg
2 Tbsp cold pressed coconut oil
2 cups almond meal
2 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground true cinnamon
1 Tbsp raw honey
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Line a cooking tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Roll mixture into balls, around 1 heap tablespoon of mixture.
- Place extra coconut sugar in a small dish and roll balls in sugar.
- Place balls on your cookie tray, then flatten them down with a fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then allow to cool before eating.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Makes 10 cookies.