These crunchy nutritious Sunflower Seed Cookies are free from added sugar and jam-packed with goodness. Sunflower seeds are a nutrient dense food providing high levels of essential fatty acids and protein, plus vitamin E and minerals calcium, magnesium, selenium and zinc. These cookies are a great source of dietary fibre to support good digestion and cardiovascular health. A perfect treat for afternoon tea with a cup of tea.
Sunflower Seed Cookies
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup almond meal
3 heap Tbsp sunflower seeds
1 cup shredded coconut
¼ cup cold pressed coconut oil
8 medjool dates, deseeded
3 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
¼ heap cup sunflower seed butter (or almond butter)
- Preheat oven to 150*C and line a cookie tray with baking paper. You can also use a silicon cup cake tray for perfectly shaped cookies.
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and blend until well combined and mixture sticks together with fingers. If your mixture is too crumbly add a little extra sunflower seed butter.
- Make 24 cookies by making a ball with a couple of spoonfuls of mixture then flattening it out on your cookie tray, or press mixture down in the holes of a cup cake tray.
- Place in the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes, until they are a light golden colour.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before eating. Store your cookies in the fridge.