This delightful Middle Eastern inspired gluten-free Tahini Honey Cake makes a healthy afternoon tea treat with a pot of tea. Tahini and almonds are good sources of calcium, beneficial fats, vitamin E and protein, to help support bone strength and healthy cardiovascular function.
Gluten-free Tahini Honey Cake
1 ¼ cup almond flour
½ tsp baking soda
Good pinch sea salt
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 organic eggs
1/3 cup raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup tahini (room temperature with oils mixed through)
100g Coconut cream (only use the top layer in the can)
1 heap tsp raw honey
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170*C. Greaze and line a 8inch cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix almond flour, LuminosiTEA (optional), baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and mix through coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, vanilla and tahini.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and gently combine.
- Pour into your cake tin and bake for 25-28 minutes, until a skewer comes out cleanly from the centre.
- To make the topping combine coconut cream, honey and vanilla with a hand beater until it is light and fluffy. Keep it in the fridge until you are ready to spread it on your cake. A tip when separating your coconut cream, put the can in the fridge for an hour and then only scoop the top part out of the can.
- Allow your cake to cool completely before adding the topping.
- Decorate with fresh flowers, honeycomb, or with some chopped toasted or honey roasted almonds.