This super delicious moist Gluten-free Pear & Banana Cake is packed full of dietary fibre to support digestive and cardiovascular health. This cake will also give you a good dose of tryptophan which is an amino acid needed to produce serotonin your 'feel good' neurotransmitter, and B vitamins for promoting healthy nervous system function.
Gluten-free Pear and Banana Cake
3 medium ripe bananas
3 organic eggs
2 tablespoons raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups almond meal
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 medium ripe pear, diced (around 1 cup)
1/2 medium pear, sliced (leave the skin on)
Handful of roughly chopped walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 160 C and grease and line a round cake tin with baking paper.
2. Combine bananas, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, eggs, bicarb and lemon juice in your food processor.
3. Add the almond meal and chia seeds and mix well.
4. Gently fold through pear dices with a spoon.
5. Pour your batter into the tin, decorate with a half a pear cut into slices and chopped walnuts, and bake for 60-70 minutes until a skewer comes out cleanly from the centre.
6. Remove your cake from the oven and allow it to cool before removing it from the tin.
Leftovers keeps well in the fridge. Serves 6.