These delightful Almond & Vanilla Pear Cakes make a wholesome afternoon tea treat. Free from flour and refined sugars these gluten-free cakes are a good source of protein, zinc and healthy fats so they won't cause spikes in your blood sugar levels.
Almond & Vanilla Pear Cakes
1 ¼ cup almond flour
2 Tbsp coconut flour
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup coconut or olive oil
¼ cup honey or maple syrup
½ cup finely diced pear
1 large pear sliced
Coconut flour to dust
- Preheat your oven to 180*C. Grease 4 tart tins with coconut oil and line the bottoms with a circle of baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix almond and coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a smaller bowl whisk eggs together with coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine.
- Fold through diced pear and then spoon evenly into tart tins.
- Top with with sliced pear and then bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow your cakes to cool before dusting with coconut flour.
Delicious on their own with a cuppa or served warm with homemade custard, coconut yoghurt or ice cream.
TEA PAIRING: These delicious Almond Vanilla & Pear Cakes pair perfectly with our Bodhi Organic Masala Chai or Black BeauTEA.