This totally decadent 'Raw Nutella Cake' is rich and chocolatey, and sure to be an afternoon tea favourite with family and friends. Hazelnuts are an excellent source of beneficial monounsaturated fats including oleic and linoleic fatty acids, which help prevent cardiovascular disease by decreasing 'bad' LDL cholesterol and raise your 'good' HDL cholesterol. Hazelnuts are rich in dietary fibre and nutrients such as vitamin E, magnesium, zinc and folate. Raw cacao is chocolate in its natural unprocessed form. Its contains powerful antioxidants called phenols that help lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Cacao also contains theobromine that boosts endorphins, which are the brain’s pleasure chemicals - the same ones that are released when you are in love.
Raw Nutella Cake
1 1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup macadamia nuts
9 Medjool dates, deseeded
1 1/4 cup hazelnuts
1 1/4 cup coconut cream
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup cacao butter, melted
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/3 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
150g dark chocolate, melted
- Place base ingredients in your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Press mixture into a large cheese cake tin with removable base. Place in the freezer while you are making the filling
- Blend hazelnuts and coconut milk in your food processor for a couple of minutes then add the rest of the filling ingredients and blend well until you have a smooth consistency with no lumps.
- Pour filling mixture over base then put it back in the freezer for at least 3 hours to set.
- Before your ready to serve, top with roughly chopped hazelnuts and drizzle with chocolate. Leave your nutella cake out of the freezer for 10 minutes to soften slightly before serving.
TEA PAIRING: Our Bodhi Organic VitaliTEA goes beautifully with this Raw Nutella Cake.