No products in the cart.
These beautiful 'Gluten-free Almond & Coconut Pancakes' are so lovely and light and are free from any added sugars or grains. Made with almond meal these pancakes are rich in protein, calcium and beneficial monounsaturated fats to support healthy blood sugar levels, bone strength and heart health. Coconut flour contains very high levels of fibre, almost double that of wheat bran. Adding coconut flour to your diet can help reduce your risk of heart disease, lower cholesterol levels and help protect against cancer and type-2 diabetes. Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed by the body for a healthy nervous system. They also contain the amino acid tryptophan which is in charge of producing serotonin. Serotonin has a calming effect on the brain, acting as a mild sedative and helps us feel good during times of stress.
Gluten-free and dairy-free.
Gluten-free Almond & Coconut Pancakes
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup almond meal
2 large ripe bananas
4 organic eggs
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
Natural or coconut yoghurt
Fruit (berries, banana, mango, passionfruit)
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Using a little coconut oil or olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, pour your pancake mix using around 1/4 cup of mixture.
- Cook your pancakes for a few minutes each side, then stack, add topping and enjoy!!
- Also lovely drizzled with honey and a squeeze of lemon, or raspberry puree with coconut yoghurt.
- Makes around 10 pancakes.
TIP: To get nicely shaped pancakes try pouring your mixture into a plastic bag and snip the end with scissors, or use a pipping bag. Then you can pour evenly shaped pancakes.
TEA PAIRING: Our Bodhi Organic SereniTEA goes beautifully with these gluten-free almond & coconut pancakes.