This delicious wholesome granola with poached pear makes a perfect healthy breakfast with a cup of Bodhi tea. Hemp seeds are a fantastic vegan protein source and they're one of the richest plant sources of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids. Hemp seeds contain a perfect balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fats, which help promote strong immune function and cardiovascular health. You will also get a good dose of probiotics to support gut health, mood and immune function.
Hemp Granola with Orange Poached Pears
½ cup whole oats
1/2 cup raw almond flakes
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pistachios
1/2 cup shredded coconut
½ cup hemp seeds
2 Tablespoons chia seeds
2 Tbsp cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
4 small ripe pears, peel
2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
2 cups water
1 inch ginger root
Zest from one orange
Organic natural, Greek or coconut yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 160*C. Line two baking trays with baking paper
- In a small bowl combine honey, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Place coconut, nuts, seeds and oats, cinnamon in your food processor and pulse 3-4 times, so you still have a chunky granola. Transfer mixture to a bowl and then stir through honey mixture until well combined.
- Spread granola mixture out evenly onto two baking trays and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Toss after 15 minutes. Allow the granola to cool then store in a jar in the fridge.
- To poach the pears place pears, juice, water, ginger and orange zest in a small saucepan. Make sure the pears are covered, if not add some extra water. Simmer for 20 minutes until soft.
- To serve spoon some yoghurt, top with a pear and hemp granola.
TEA PAIRING: This delicious Hemp Granola with Orange Poached Pears goes beautifully with a cup of Bodhi Organic ViridiTEA.