This delicious gluten-free 'Blueberry Hemp Seed Cheesecake' makes a perfect wholesome dessert or afternoon tea treat rich in protective antioxidants, protein and beneficial fats. Hemp has been used as a food and medicine since ancient time in Asia, Europe and other continents around the world. Hemp seeds are a fantastic vegan protein source, which is easy to digest and is abundant in all essential amino acids and disease-protective phytonutrients. Hemp seeds are one of the richest plant sources of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids. They contain a perfect balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fats which helps promote strong immune function and cardiovascular health.
Blueberry Hemp Seed Cheesecake
½ cup + 2 Tbsp almond meal
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
2 heap Tbsp hemp seeds
3 Tbsp cold pressed coconut oil
250g cream cheese
2 Tbsp arrowroot flour
1/3 cup 100% maple syrup or raw honey
1 tsp vanilla bean extract or paste
2 organic eggs
Juice and zest ½ lemon
2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries and blackberries
3 Tbsp coconut sugar
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven 180*C and grease a 6-inch tart tin.
- Place all base ingredients in your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Press mixture into your tin.
- Bake the base for 14 minutes then put aside. If the base has risen in places you can easily press it down with a spoon while it is still soft.
- Mix all filling ingredients together in your food processor and pour over the base.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until it is cooked through and slightly wobbly in the middle. Allow your cheesecake to cool.
- Make the compote by adding the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice to a pot and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Top cheesecake with blueberry compote and hemp seeds.
TEA PAIRING: This delicious Blueberry Hemp Seed Cheesecake goes perfectly with a pot of Bodhi Organic Black BeauTEA or HonesTEA.