These gorgeous Gluten-free Chocolate & Blackberry Cupcakes are to die for. They're super moist, packed with protective antioxidants and topped with a healthy sugar-free icing. These little beauties are perfect for a healthy afternoon tea treat or high tea.
Gluten-free Chocolate & Blackberry Cupcakes
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch sea salt
2 Tbsp chia seeds
¼ cup cold pressed coconut oil, melted
¼ cup milk of choice (coconut, almond)
3 Tbsp raw honey or 100% pure maple syrup
2 organic eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract or paste
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup sliced blackberries
8 medjool dates, remove pit
¾ cup milk of choice
3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease and line a cupcake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients, almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, sea salt and chia seeds.
- In a smaller bowl combine coconut oil, milk, honey, eggs, vanilla and whisk well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and gently combine.
- Gently mix through mashed banana and blackberries.
- Spoon mixture evenly into your cupcake tin and put in the oven for 30-35 mins, until a skewer comes out cleanly from the centre.
- While your muffins are cooking make the icing. Add sliced dates, milk and cacao to your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook for around 5 minutes, stir continually, until it thickens. Transfer your icing to a bowl and place in the fridge to cool.
- Make sure your muffins are cool before icing. After icing each muffin, decorate with fresh blackberry in the centre. Then enjoy!
Makes 10 muffins.