No products in the cart.
This beautiful moist tea cake is rich in nutrients and flavour. Almonds are a wonderful source of protein, to help stabalise blood sugar levels and build and repair the body. Almonds are also loaded with zinc to support your immune function and boost fertility, and healthy unsaturated fats which are important for cardiovascular health and for soft radiant skin. Eating apples regularly is another great way to keep a healthy heart, as they are rich in pectin, a type of fibre beneficial for lowering cholesterol levels. Apples are also full of immune-boosting vitamin A and C, and polyphenols, which are potent antioxidants that help fight free radicals that increase premature ageing and the risk of many chronic diseases.
Gluten-free and dairy-free.
Chai Apple Tea Cake
3 cups almond meal
2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 organic eggs
¼ cup cold pressed coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup or raw honey
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 medium apples (around 1 ½ cups grated apple)
1 apple for topping, thinly sliced
2 Tbps sultanas
- Preheat your oven to 180*C. Lightly grease a round cake tin with coconut oil and place a circle of baking paper in the centre to prevent your from cake sticking.
- Place almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl place eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla bean paste and whisk until your mixture is well combined.
- Stir wet ingredients through dry, and then gently mix through grated apple and sultanas. Pour mixture into your cake tin and decorate with sliced apple.
- Place in the oven for 70 minutes, or until a knife comes out cleaning from the centre.
- When it comes out of the oven you can drizzle with a little maple syrup and sprinkle with hemp seeds or roughly chopped almonds. Allow your cake to cool before serving. Delicious served with yoghurt.
TEA PAIRING: Our Bodhi Organic Masala Chai goes perfectly with this lovely chai apple tea cake.