No products in the cart.
This beautiful 'Raw Gluten-Free Matcha Slice' has a smooth creamy cashew nut filling with a delicious chocolate nutty topping. This slice is rich in protein and will supply you with a good dose of immune boosting zinc, dietary fibre for good bowel health and magnesium which is important for nervous system function and energy production. Matcha, like other teas, comes from the tea plant ‘Camellia Sinensis’. Matcha is made from high quality, whole tea leaves, that are finely ground into a powder. Matcha is rich in protective antioxidants that are important for preventing oxidative damage in the body. Matcha is full of powerful antioxidants called polyphenols, namely epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), that are commonly found in green tea. These antioxidants have been found to offer protection against chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease, as well as having anti-ageing properties.
This slice is the perfect healthy treat to have after dinner with a cup of Bodhi Organic Tea.
Gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
Raw Matcha Slice
1/2 cup hazelnut or almond meal
1 cup desiccated coconut
10 medjool dates, pitted
2 tbsp raw cacoa powder
1 tbsp water
2 cup raw cashews, soak for 3 hours or overnight
1/4 cup cold pressed virgin coconut oil
1/2 desiccated coconut
1 heap tsp matcha powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup cold pressed coconut oil
2 tbs maple syrup
1 tbs 100% peanut, cashew or almond butter
- Place all base ingredients in your food processor and blend until it’s well combined and your mixture is crumbly.
- Line a small slice tin with baking paper and then press base down into the tin. Place tin in the freezer while you are making your filling.
- To make the filling drain the cashews and place all filling ingredients into your food processor and blend until you have a nice creamy texture.
- Pour filling over the base and spread evenly. Place in the freezer for 1 ½ hours to set.
- Just before you are ready to take your slice out of the freezer, place all topping ingredients in a small saucepan on low heat, and gently stir while it melts.
- Pour the chocolate topping over your slice and then place it back in the freezer for another couple of hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, sprinkle with matcha using a small sieve or tea infuser. Slice and enjoy. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
TEA PAIRING: Our Bodhi ViridiTEA is a perfect match with this raw matcha slice.