This decadent raw chocolate cheesecake is just the thing to treat your loved one this Valentine’s Day. Raw cacao is a well-known aphrodisiac. When you eat chocolate you get an increase in endorphins, which are the same chemicals you release when you are in love. Cacao also contains phenylethylamine, a chemical that boosts dopamine levels, which increases your feelings of desire.
Raw Chocolate Cheesecake
1 cup whole raw almonds
6 medjool dates, remove pits
¼ cup desiccated coconut
2 heap Tbsp raw cacao powder
1 Tbsp water
1 ½ cup raw cashew nuts
½ cup cold pressed coconut oil
3 Tbsp 100% maple syrup or raw honey
¾ cup full-fat coconut milk
¼ cup raw cacao powder
- Soak the cashew nuts overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Blend all base ingredients together in a food processor until well combined and crumbly.
- Line a loaf tin with plastic wrap or baking paper.
- Press base mixture into the bottom of the tin and place in the freezer for 30 minutes while you make the filling.
- Place drained cashews and other filling ingredients into your food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Pour half of the filling mixture over the base and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Blend remaining mixture with ¼ cup cacao powder. Pour chocolate filling on top and then put back in the freezer for around 3 hours.
- Leave out of the freezer for 5 min before serving to soften slightly. Decorate with flowers, fresh fruits nuts, seeds or coconut flakes.