Packed with flavour and wholesome ingredients these tasty 'Gluten-free Raspberry Choc Chip Muffins' make the perfect healthy snack with a cup of tea. Almond meal and eggs are loaded with protein to help balance blood sugar levels and provide vital amino acids to build and repair the body. Eggs are one of the few foods that are a naturally good source of vitamin D. Eggs also contain choline, found in the yolk. Choline is important as it helps protect our livers from accumulating fat, and it's needed to make the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is vital for nervous system function. Raspberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and protective antioxidants that are required for healthy glowing skin and a strong functioning immune system.
Gluten-free Raspberry Choc Chip Muffins
2 1/2 cups almond meal
3/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch sea salt
4 organic eggs
1 tsp vanilla bean extract or paste
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
1/3 cup cold pressed coconut oil
Zest small lemon + 1 Tbsp juice
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
2-3 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
Almond flakes for topping
- Preheat your oven to 180*C. Either place 10 muffin cups into a muffin tray or use a silicon muffin tray.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients together.
- Then in a separate bowl mix wet ingredients together (except raspberries or chocolate chips).
- Slowly add wet ingredient to dry and stir until well combined.
- Gently stir through raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into your muffin cups or tray and top with almond flakes.
- Place in the oven for around 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy!