No products in the cart.
This gorgeous Gluten-free Apple & Blueberry Pie makes a fantastic healthy dessert or tasty afternoon treat with a cup of tea. Eating apples regularly is a great way to keep a healthy heart, as they are rich in pectin, a type of fibre beneficial for lowering cholesterol levels. Apples and blueberries are full of immune-boosting vitamin C, and potent antioxidants that help fight free radicals that increase premature ageing and the risk of many chronic diseases.
[ Gluten-free Apple & Blueberry Pie ]
6 organic delicious apples, cored and diced (leave skin on)
Juice and zest 1 lemon
½ tsp cinnamon powder
1 punnet blueberries
2 tbsp coconut sugarCrust:
4 cups almond meal
2 tbsp coconut sugar
80 g organic butter
2 organic eggs
- Preheat your oven to 170*C. Grease 4 individual pie tins.
- Place apple in a large saucepan with ½ cup water, coconut sugar, lemon juice and zest, and cinnamon.
- Cook for around 10-15 minutes until soft. Remove any excess liquid and allow to cool.
- Place crust ingredients into your food processor and blend until combined.
- Place dough on a board in-between two pieces of baking paper. Roll out flat then press out 4 bases with your pie tins.
- Place in base of pie dish and press up the sides.
- Fill pies with apple and blueberries then lay two strips of the crust over the top of your pie.
- Put in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
Delicious served with fresh cream or yoghurt and your Favourite Bodhi Organic Tea