These moorish little Gluten-Free Chia Jam Thumbprint Cookies are a healthy version of the Swiss pastry, Hallongrotta, which means raspberry cave. These cookies provide plenty of protein and dietary fibre along with antioxidants, calcium and healthy fats. They make a delicious afternoon treat with a pot of Bodhi Organic Tea.
Gluten-Free Chia Berry Jam Thumbprint Cookies
1 cup almond meal
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
3 Tbsp raw honey or 100% maple syrup
1/4 cup organic grass-fed butter
Chia Berry Jam:
1/2 cup diced strawberries, small dices
1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
2 tsp raw honey or 100% maple syrup
1 good heap Tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 160*C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl combine almond meal, coconut flour, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl melt butter and combine with honey.
- Pour butter into dry ingredients and combine until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Using a measuring spoon, spoon 1 Tbsp mixture onto your baking tray and then press your thumb into the centres to create a well.
- Fill each well with chia jam and then place in the oven for 10 - 11 minutes.
- Leftover jam stores well in the fridge in a jar for a week. Chia jam is delicious on toast and scones, or stirred through yoghurt or Bircher muesli. Make healthy gourmet peanut butter and jelly toast with some almond butter and homemade chia jam, top with some almond slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Makes 12 cookies.