Teff is a highly nutritious gluten-free grain that is ideal for coeliacs. It is also high in a type of dietary fibre called resistant starch, which promotes bowel regularity and healthier cholesterol levels, along with helping manage blood sugar levels and providing fuel for beneficial gut bacteria. Teff has a low GI, making it a beneficial grain for weight control, and provides a good dose of iron to help support healthy energy levels and red blood cell production.
These cookies are ideal to have with a delicious certified organic herbal tea, with therapeutic properties to enhance health and well-being.
Teff Peanut Butter Cookies
1 ½ cup teff flour
1 cup 100% natural peanut butter
1/3 cup raw honey
½ cup cold pressed coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- Preheat your oven to 180*C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put all ingredients in your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Roll mixture into around 30 small balls then place them on your baking tray.
- With the back of a fork press down into each cookie to flatten them.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool before eating. Keeps fresh in the fridge.
Makes 30 small cookies.