1. Please tell us about yourself, where are you from, and about your business?
Hello, my name is Karlee Imogen, I am a yoga teacher, a reiki master healer and cocreator of the online women’s wellness program, Holistically Living. I teach pre/postnatal yoga as well as level 1 + 2 purna (hatha) yoga. I have a huge love for fusing together two powerful healing techniques with my signature reiki-infused yoga series. Originally from Adelaide, I have been traveling Australia with my husband over the past 3 years sharing my passion for wellness in various locations as we explore this big beautiful country.
2. What does a perfect day look like for you?
Waking early to start the day with a cup of lemon water and tea. A morning workout + yoga practice incorporating meditation and pranayama, followed by a nourishing breakfast sitting outside. The afternoon spent between reiki clients and teaching yoga, stopping in between for a lunch date at my favourite acai bowl café and walking barefoot at the beach. The evening filled with family laughing and sharing stories before winding down with a book, more tea and essential oils.
3. What are you most passionate about in life, your hobbies and interests?
I am so passionate about help others heal from within to find their purpose and relight the spark within their life, whether this is through yoga, reiki or holistic guidance and leading by example.
I am so grateful that yoga is not just my hobby, but part of my life. I love traveling, camping and being on or in the water. Although I am a summer girl I have a love for the snow and snowboarding too. Anything active and outdoors!
4. What’s been your biggest highlights in your life or career so far?
I feel so grateful for many things in my life and career so far! Life highlight would have to be breaking away from the corporate world (after almost 10 years of work and study) to travel Australia and really learning to appreciate the simple things. Career highlight would be teaching yoga to kids in Cambodia, working as an Area Manager for Food Matters at a Wanderlust Festival and recording my first podcast for The Conscious Podcast.
5. What’s your favourite Bodhi Organic Tea?
ZesTea – I am a big fan of Turmeric and Ginger, so this tea is a winner for me!
6. What are your favourite ways to stay fit and healthy?
I have found a balanced view to staying fit and healthy by incorporating daily yoga, with 3-4 weight sessions and 1-2 cardio sessions per week.
7. What’s one simple change that people can make today to help improve the health of our planet?
Find alternatives to single use plastics! My hot tip; use cute reusable produce bags for your fruit and veg at the supermarket rather than their plastic bags or just pop them straight in your basket without a bag.
8. If you were deserted on an island and could only take 5 things, what would they be?
- Besides the practical stuff of food and water…
- Flint - to make a fire
- Hammock – doubles up as bedding, shelter and a net to carry things!
- Yoga mat - because I don’t go anywhere without it
- Flask with tea leaves – key to survival right
- Travel kit of essential oils - make my own bug spray, and first aid supplies.
9. What do you usually have for breakfast?
My go-to breakfast is warm oats with almond milk and turmeric, topped with banana, hemp seeds and buckinis.
10. Is there anything else you would like our Bodhi followers to know about you?
Instagram: @karleeimogen and @holisticallyliving
Free website download: Ebook ‘An introduction to Yoga to Strengthen the Mind and Body’