1. Please tell us about yourself, where you are from and about your passion for surfing?
Hi, my name is Jesse Starling, I am 16 years old from North Narrabeen on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. When I was about 12 I fell in love with surfing and have never looked back since. In my eyes surfing is not only just a passion, however, it is a lifestyle. For a long time now surfing has consumed a large chunk of my life and I wouldn’t change it for the world. Over the years the ocean became a safe place for me allowing me to overcome so many different obstacles in my life. Not only that surfing has provided me with so many different opportunities that I am forever grateful for. It’s funny, I always seem to end up back at the ocean, it truly is my second home.
2. What does a perfect day look like for you?
A perfect day for me looks like, an umbrella set up down on a beautiful stretch of beach with perfect waves everywhere you look. Warm waters with the sun out. With my family and close friends. With some yummy bodhi tea to share after a long surf.
3. What are you most passionate about in your life, your hobbies and interests?
Things that I am passionate about include, surfing, staying physically and mentally healthy (at the best gym ever!! Chocolate box) along with the ocean, my family and of course I am very passionate about smiling as much as I can.
4. What’s been your biggest highlights in your life or career so far?
For me the best part of my career is being able to be a role model for younger girls and boys and inspire them to use the ocean as a safe place and an outlet rather than other things. I still remember the first young girl who said “I started surfing because of you and your sister” which has been the best part of my career.
5. What’s your favourite Bodhi Organic Tea?
There’s to many amazing flavours to just choose one! But if I had to narrow it down it would be the ViridiTEA protective bodhi organic tea! But I love them all so much.
6. What are your favourite ways to stay fit and healthy?
My favourite way to stay healthy is to surf, eat well, yoga at studio ellipsis and work out at the amazing chocolate box studious. However, the best motivation for all of this is my big sister. No one pushes me more than her and I am the luckiest girl to have her by my side.
7. What’s one simple change that people can make today to help improve the health of our planet?
My Mum Megan and I at the start of this year decided to not drink out of takeaway coffee cups to try and reduce the waste on the environment in our own little way. The best way to do this is to bring a keep cup to your favourite, or just dine in at the restaurant. Most cafés give a discount on coffee’s if you bring a keep cup. For example Zubi Espresso cafés give a 30 cent discount to people who bring their own keep cups so it’s a win for us and the environment in the end.
8. If you were deserted on an island and could only take 5 things, what would they be?
- My surfboard
- A bikini
- My sister to keep my company
- A basket – assuming there is plenty of fresh fruit
- And some bodhi organic tea!!!
9. What do you usually have for breakfast?
My favourite meal of the day!!! Definitely scrambled eggs on toast with butter and avocado, cooked cherry tomatoes and a sprinkling of feta. YUM
10. Is there anything else you would like our Bodhi followers to know about you?
Everything you just read pretty much sums me up