Stopping at just one is not an option with these decadent Raw Chocolate Caramel Kisses. Their gorgeous soft creamy caramel centre made with tahini and dates is so delicious your guests wont believe its good for you. The nourishing ingredients in this recipe are packed with calcium, protein, beneficial fats, zinc and magnesium. These important nutrients are needed for strong healthy bones, optimal nervous system function and immune health.
Raw Chocolate Caramel Kisses
¾ cup whole raw almonds
1 ¼ cups rolled oats
4 medjool dates (remove pit)
6 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
Pinch sea salt
15 medjool dates (remove pit), soak in hot water for 15min
5 tbsp tahini
5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
120g dark chocolate
- Place almonds and oats into your food processor and pulse until you have a fine consistency. Add dates, coconut oil and sea salt and blend until well combined and mixture starts sticking together. If your mixture is too dry you can add another tbsp of coconut oil.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap over a small holed cup cake tray, or use a silicon cup cake tray. This makes your kisses easy to remove. Place the base mixture evenly into each whole and press down well with a back of a spoon. Put in the freezer while you are making your filling.
- Place all filling ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth and well combined. Pour mixture evenly on top of your base and then put back in the freezer for 40 minutes until set.
- Once your filling has set melt your chocolate in a small bowl in a water bath and then pour over the top of the filling. Place some chopped nuts on top and then put back in the freezer to set.
- Remove your kisses from the freezer 5 minutes before eating to let them soften a little. Then enjoy!
Makes 10 Raw Caramel Kisses.