These moorish gluten-free pistachio + chocolate chip cookies are jam-packed with fibre. Pistachios are a great source of important prebiotic-fibres that feed our beneficial gut bacteria so they can grow and thrive. Dark Chocolate is considered a mood boosting food. Cacao contains phenylethylamine the same chemical that’s created in the brain when you’re in love. It has a natural anti-depressant effect and can help lift your mood.
Gluten-Free Pistachio + Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cashew butter or hulled tahini
1/4 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
Pinch sea salt
80g dark 60-70% chocolate, cut into chunks
1/3 cup pistachios
- Preheat oven 170*C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Add coconut flour and almond flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Place coconut oil, cashew butter, honey and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix well.
- Add chocolate chunks and pistachios and gently stir through.
- Using around 2 Tbsp of mixture, roll into balls and then flatten on your baking sheet.
- Place in the oven to bake for 14-15 minutes, until golden brown.
Makes 12 cookies.