This gorgeous moist gluten-free peach & almond olive oil cake is jam-packed with protein to build and repair the body and dietary fibre to support gut health. Peaches provide plenty of important nutrients including vitamin C, A, potassium and magnesium, and they’re high in protective antioxidants. This is the perfect afternoon tea treat with a pot of tea when friends come over.
Gluten-free Peach & Almond Olive Oil Cake
2 ½ cups almond meal
¼ cup arrowroot flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp raw honey or 100% maple syrup
½ cup milk of choice
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
¼ cup cold pressed olive oil
3 organic eggs
3 ripe peaches, peel and thinly sliced
¼ cup almond flakes
- Preheat oven to 180*C and grease a 8 inch cake tin and line the bottom with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl combine almond meal, arrowroot flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl whisk honey, milk, vanilla, olive oil and eggs.
- Gradually add wet ingredients into dry and gently combine.
- Pour mixture into the cake tin and top with peaches and almond flakes.
- Place your cake in the oven to bake for 45 minutes.
- Once it’s done take it out of the oven and drizzle it in a little honey. Allow it to cool before serving.