This super moist Gluten-free Orange and Pistachio Cake with Citrus Frosting is rich in flavour and chock-full of wholesome ingredients. Perfect for afternoon tea or an after dinner treat with a cup of tea. It contains plenty of protein needed to build and repair the body, along with zinc and magnesium for immune health and energy production. You will also get a good dose of heart-friendly monounsaturated fats to help keep cholesterol levels in check. The healthy citrus frosting made with cream cheese adds extra calcium and protein for strong healthy bones.
Gluten-free Orange Pistachio Cake with Citrus Frosting
3 cups almond meal
2 tsp baking powder
2 organic eggs
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup raw honey
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
1/3 cup orange juice
Zest of an orange
1/4 cup whole pistachios + extra topping
225g cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla bean extract
4 tsp orange juice
1 heap tsp orange zest
3 Tbsp raw honey
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease a 6 inch round cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Place all cake ingredients into your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the cake tin and smooth over the top.
- Place in the oven for 50 mins or until a skewer come out cleaning from the middle.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together until smooth and well combined.
- Allow cake to cool completely before covering it with frosting. Decorate with roughly chopped pistachios, dried orange slices or fresh flowers.