These lovely zesty Gluten-Free Lime & Pistachio Cookies make a tasty tea-time treat. Pistachios are a good source of dietary fibre and act as a prebiotic, helping feed and enhance the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract. Almond meal is a great gluten-free alternative to regular flour. Almonds are rich in protein needed to repair and restore the body, along with help keep blood sugar levels balanced. Almonds also provide calcium for strong bones and heart healthy fats. Lime zest is jam-packed with flavonoids, which are compounds that act as powerful antioxidants in the body.
Gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
Lime & Pistachio Cookies
2 cups almond meal
3 Tbsp cold pressed coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut sugar (extra to sprinkle on top)
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
1 large lime (leave zest for decoration)
2 heap Tbsp roughly chopped pistachios (for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 160*C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place almond meal, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla, and 2 Tbsp of lime juice in your food processor and blend well.
- Using 1 Tbsp of mixture roll 12 cookies, place them on your tray and then flatten them with the back of a fork.
- Press pistachios into the top of your cookies and sprinkle with a little coconut sugar.
- Bake your cookies for 25-30 minutes, until they start to go golden brown.
- Allow to cool. Top with some lime zest and enjoy.
TEA PAIRING: Our Bodhi Organic ZesTEA goes perfectly with these Lime and Pistachio Cookies.