These cute little gluten-free Cacao Yoghurt Cups make a tasty tea-time treat or healthy Christmas dessert. Raw cacao, which is chocolate in its natural unprocessed form, is abundant in super antioxidants called phenols that have been shown to help promote heart health by lowering cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Raw cacao is an excellent source of magnesium, which is beneficial for alleviating anxiety, improving sleep and boosting energy levels. Almonds are a good source of calcium to support bone health and protein which helps you feel full for longer and keeps blood sugar levels balanced. Almonds also contain beneficial heart healthy fats. Yoghurt is a probiotic-rich food providing important beneficial bacteria that help maintain a healthy balance of gut bacteria, which is vitally important for your digestive and immune health. Coconut oil is the perfect brain fuel as it’s abundant in medium-chain fatty acids, which is a fabulous energy source for the brain. Coconut oil is also considered a thermogenic food as it can help support healthy metabolism and promote fat burning and weight loss.
Gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
Cacao Yoghurt Cups
2 cups almond meal
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
¼ cup cold pressed coconut oil
2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
1 cup coconut yoghurt
- Preheat your oven to 180*C.
- Place baking paper in the holes of a muffin tin.
- Put almond meal, cacao, coconut oil and honey in your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Press mixture into each muffin hole, pushing mixture up the sides and pressing it down firmly. Cut around the tops of your bases to get a nice even edge.
- Place bases in the oven for 15 minutes then allow them to cool completely before adding your filling.
- Fill each cup with yoghurt and top them with a half a strawberry.
- Place tarts in the fridge until ready to eat. Makes 12 cups.
TEA PAIRING: These cacao yoghurt cups go beautifully with a cup of Bodhi Organic LongeviTEA.