No products in the cart.
This healthy version of traditionally sugary ginger bread men will make a delicious healthy treat for your family and friends on Christmas day. Oats provide beta-glucan which is a type of dietary fibre that is beneficial for lowering high cholesterol levels. Tahini and almond butter are great sources of calcium to support strong healthy bones, along with protein to build and repair the body. Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory herb that is used to help treat arthritis, it also helps improve circulation and immune function.
Wheat-free, dairy-free and vegan.
Healthy Gingerbread Babies
1/2 cup oat flour
2 tablespoons tahini
¼ cup almond butter
¼ tsp baking soda
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 heap tsp ground ginger
- Preheat your oven to 180*C. Cover baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Place mixture on a board covered with baking paper. Place another piece of baking paper onto of mixture. Using a rolling pin, flatten out mixture until it is about half a centimetre thick.
- With your little gingerbread man cookie cutter cut out your gingerbread babies and place on baking tray. Using a skewer mark out two eyes and some buttons.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes, then allow to cool before eating. They will go hard and crunchy.
TEA PAIRING: Our Bodhi Organic ZesTEA pairs nicely with these Healthy Gingerbread Babies.