ViridiTEA Refill Pack
$40.00 / 250g pack / approx 85 cups
Our beautiful multi-award winning green tea blend is made with antioxidant rich green tea that helps boost metabolism, and reduces the risk of of chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease and type-2 diabetes. This tea has no bitter after taste. With a hint of jasmine gives this delicately-flavoured green tea blend a unique freshness and vitality. This tea has received a Gold and Bronze Golden Leaf Awards at the Australian International Tea Expo 2019 & 2017.
Made with 100% certified organic sencha green tea and jasmine green tea.
ORIGIN: Sourced from organic tea farms in China.
TIP: Green tea should be brewed at around 80°C. Steeping tea for too long or using boiling water will result in more tannins being released, resulting in a bitter and more astringent tea. There are two ways to make sure your water is not too hot, either stop the kettle just before it boils, or pour boiling water into your tea cup or pot first to allow it to cool a little before adding your tea.
At Bodhi Organics your health and that of the planet is of utmost importance to us. That’s why we only use the highest quality certified organic teas and herbs in our blends. Our packaging is eco-friendly recyclable boxes and 100% biodegradable plant-based bags. We also recommend you reuse your used tea leaves to nourish your garden or pot plants. Your plants will love it!
Green tea is rich in natural plant compounds called polyphenols (including well studied EGCG – epigallocatechin gallate), which act as potent antioxidants. These chemicals neutralize free radicals in the body that are associated with the development of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease and cancer. Studies have linked green tea consumption with a reduced risk of high cholesterol (1), stroke (2), and cancer development (3).
Green tea has also been found to have a positive effect on liver health and may offer protection against liver disease. (5)
Drinking green tea has also been shown to help encourage weight loss by increasing metabolism and fat burning. EGCG, unique to green (and white) tea, seems to have an anti-diabetic and anti-obesity effect. (4)
Green tea consumption is also associated with better oral health. Researches discovered that polyphenols found in green tea can help protect against bacterial induced dental caries, bad breath and oral cancer. (6)
(1) Sabu M Chacko, Priya T Thambi, Ramadasan Kuttan, and Ikuo Nishigaki. Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review. Chin Med. 2010; 5: 13.Published online 2010 Apr 6.
(2) Kuriyama S, Shimazu T, Ohmori K, et al. Green tea consumption and mortality due to cardiovascular disease, cancer, and all causes in japan: the Ohsaki study.JAMA. 2006 Sep 13;296(10):1255-65.
(3) Sabu M Chacko, Priya T Thambi, Ramadasan Kuttan, and Ikuo Nishigaki.Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review. Chin Med. 2010; 5: 13.Published online 2010 Apr 6.
(4) Kao YH, Chang HH, Lee MJ, Chen CL. Tea, obesity, and diabetes. Mol Nutrb Food Res. 2006;50(2):188–210.
(5) Jin X, Zheng RH, Li YM. Green tea consumption and liver disease: a systematic review. Liver Int. 2008;28(7):990-6.
(6) Narotzki B, Reznick AZ, Aizenbud D, Levy Y. Green tea: a promising natural product in oral health. Arch Oral Biol. 2012; 57(5):429-35.
Green tea does contain some caffeine so this tea is better suited for day-time drinking, especially if you are sensitive to caffeine. Green tea contains around 20 mg of caffeine per cup, which is a lot lower than a cup of brewed coffee having between 100-300mg of caffeine per cup, and less than black tea containing 45 mg.
For those who are sensitive to caffeine try steeping your tea twice. A majority of the caffeine from your tea can be removed by pouring hot water over the leaves, and then leaving it for 30 seconds. Caffeine in tea is released during the first 30 seconds of steeping. Pour out the tea and then re-steep your tea with more hot water using the same leaves.