No products in the cart.
What better way to celebrate the launch of Bodhi Organic Tea than with chocolate cake. This is no ordinary cake though. This super moist, decedent cake is super healthy and jam-packed with nutritious ingredients. Chocolate, when in its raw cacao form, has many wonderful health benefits including promoting heart and cardiovascular health. Polyphenols in cacao can prevent bad ‘LDL’ cholesterol from clogging up arteries, lower total cholesterol and reduce blood pressure. Made with almond meal, this cake is gluten-free and rich in protein to help support growth and repair of the body, calcium for strong healthy bones, and zinc to give your immune system a boost, along with a good dose of heart healthy fats. By using the whole orange including its rind you are giving this cake a mighty boost in important nutrients. Orange rind is abundant in flavonoids, which act as a powerful antioxidant and have anti-inflammatory action. Orange rind has been found to help reduce the risk of skin and lung cancer.
Raw Cacao Orange Cake
2 organic oranges
2 cups almond meal
5 organic eggs
1/3 cup raw honey or 100% maple syrup
½ cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
½ tsp bicarb powder
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
Fresh fruit for decorating
- Preheat oven to 170*C.
- Grease a large cake tin with some coconut oil and cut out a circle of baking paper for the bottom of the tin. This will prevent your cake from sticking.
- Place whole oranges (with skin) in a large pot of boiling water and simmer for 1 hour with the lid on.
- Once oranges are cooked, cut them in quarters and place them in your food processor.
- Add all the other ingredients to your food processor and blend until mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 50-60minutes, until a skewer comes out cleanly from the center.
- Decorate with fresh fruit and serve. Delicious with natural yoghurt.
TIP: When using whole fruit (including the skin) use organic produce to prevent any unwanted pesticides ending up in your healthy cake.