We are excited to have the lovely Jessica Sepel, nutritionist and author of the Clean Life, as our guest recipe blogger this week. Jessica is going to share with us her gorgeous 'Healthy Chocolate Fondant' recipe. This delicious fondant is rich in good quality protein and beneficial fats, to help balance blood sugar levels and keep sugar cravings at bay, as well as promoting good cardiovascular health. This tasty tea-time treat also provides zinc, calcium and magnesium, to support immune function and bone health.
Healthy Chocolate Fondant
4 tbsp almond meal
2 tbsp cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
3 tbsp milk of choice (almond, coconut, dairy)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
1 tsp cinnamon
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp peanut butter
Coconut oil, melted, to grease moulds
- Preheat oven to 160°.
- Place all ingredients, except for coconut oil, in a bowl and use a fork or whisk to combine until there are no clumps and mixture is light and bubbly.
- Use the coconut oil to lightly grease two, small ovenproof bowls. Spoon mixture equally into each bowl.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of peanut butter into the middle of each bowl.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Serve immediately, with fresh berries and a little extra peanut butter.
- When you’re mixing together the ingredients, try and whisk it for at least 5 minutes to incorporate the most air – this way your fondant will be light and fluffy!
TEA PAIRING: This healthy chocolate fondant pairs beautifully with our Bodhi Organic SereniTEA.
Jessica Sepel is a qualified Sydney nutritionist, author, health blogger and wellness coach. You may recognize her from her beautiful recipes – she is the beloved voice of very active Facebook and Instagram profiles featuring daily food inspiration and health mantras.
As a regular contributor to Vogue Australia, mindbodygreen and a variety of international publications, Jess continues to expand the JSHealth brand to savvy women who want to prioritize wellness in their busy lives. Her second eBook, The Clean Life, was massively successful worldwide, before being published officially by Pan Macmillan Australia under a new title, The Healthy Life. She has a passion for helping young women develop a healthy relationship with food, teaching self love and respect everywhere she goes and has just completed her second book, to be published early next year.