No products in the cart.
This delicious gluten-free carrot cake is just as delicious as it is healthy. This cake is a fantastic source of beta-carotene, an important nutrient found in orange fruits and vegetables like carrots. Beta-carotene (or pro-vitamin A) is needed to support eye health and vision. It is also a wonderful anti-inflammatory and immune boosting nutrient. Almonds are rich in protein to build and repair the body, calcium to promote strong bones, and magnesium required for energy production. Carrots and almonds are also a great source of dietary fibre for good bowel health and regularity. Cinnamon and ginger are both lovely warming herbs that help stimulate circulation. Ginger is also a potent anti-inflammatory herb used to help alleviate arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. Orange zest is abundant in flavonoids, which act as a powerful antioxidant. It is also rich in vitamin C and A, two important immune strengthening and antioxidant nutrients.
Gluten-free and dairy-free.
Gluten-free Carrot and Hazelnut Cake
250 g grated carrots (around 2 large carrots)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground or fresh ginger
150g almond meal
3 organic eggs
30mls cold pressed coconut oil
¼ cup raw honey or maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder
Zest of an orange, leave some for topping
Handful of hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 160*C.
- Grease a small cake tin and cover with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine grated carrots, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and almond meal.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut oil and honey in a small bowl. Add egg mixture to larger bowl and mix by hand with a large spoon until well combined.
- Pour mixture into your cake tin and put in the oven for 1- 1 ½ hours, until golden brown and a skewer comes out cleanly from the centre. Cover with foil if your cake is looking too brown.
- Allow to cool then top with leftover orange zest and chopped hazelnuts.
- Delicious served with yoghurt.
TEA PAIRING: Our Bodhi VitaliTEA goes nicely with this gluten-free carrot and hazelnut cake.