No products in the cart.
These mouth-watering balls of goodness hit the spot when you're craving something sweet, but without the sugar hit. You won’t believe they are actually good for you. These truffles are full of protein to help keep blood sugar levels balanced and sugar cravings at bay, along with healthy fats to support heart health. Dark chocolate contains powerful antioxidants called phenols that offer protection against cardiovascular disease. Dates are a fantastic source of fibre which have a natural laxative effect to help keep you regular. Dates are also a great way to sweeten desserts naturally and boost your iron levels. These truffles are the perfect accompaniment with a Bodhi Organic Tea.
Caramel Chocolate Truffles
1 cup raw cashew nuts
1 cup raw macadamia nuts
10 medjool dates, soak in boiling water for 3 min then strain
1 ½ cups good quality dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
3 tablespoons raw cacao nibs, for topping
- Place cashews and macadamia nuts in your food processor and blend until it’s finely ground.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Add soaked medjool dates to processor and blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Add nuts to processor and blend until well combined.
- Roll into 1 tablespoon balls and place on a tray with baking paper. Place in the freezer for 40 minutes.
- Using a double boiler melt your chocolate in a small bowl. Then place balls into bowl, cover in chocolate and remove with a fork (so excess chocolate drips off easily).
- Place them back on the tray and sprinkle with raw cacao nibs (do this quickly before your chocolate sets).
- Once set place your truffles in a container in the fridge.