No products in the cart.
These gorgeous fibre-rich buckwheat pancakes with chia raspberry jam make a delicious afternoon snack with a cuppa or weekend breakfast. Buckwheat flour is made from a fruit seed, so it is gluten-free and higher in fibre and protein compared to regular wheat flour - so they make a filling snack that will help keep your blood sugar levels nice and balanced. Buckwheat is not related to wheat. Making your own jam with chia seeds is a great way to enjoy jam without all the added sugars. Chia seeds are jam-packed with dietary fibre and beneficial omega-3 essential fatty acids, so they help promote cardiovascular and bowel health, along with supporting brain and nervous system function. Omega-3 fats are also important for soft, supple healthy skin. Chia jam is also delicious spread on wholegrain toast, healthy muffins and scones, or try mixing a spoonful through natural yoghurt.
Gluten-free and dairy-free.
Buckwheat Pancakes with Chia Raspberry Jam
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 organic egg
1 cup milk (coconut, dairy, almond)
2 heap tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
1 tbsp raw honey
2 cups frozen raspberries
2 tbsp chia seeds
2-3 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
First make your chia jam.
- Combine your raspberries, chia and honey in your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Place your jam in a small saucepan on medium heat, stirring continually until it thickens.
- Pour jam into a jar and allow it to cool and thicken further.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge.
Now make your pancakes.
- Place flour and baking powder in a large bowl mix.
- In another smaller bowl mix eggs, milk and honey. Use less milk if you want your pancakes thicker.
- Make a well in the flour and then pour in your wet ingredients and combine.
- In a saucepan with some coconut oil over medium heat, cook ¼ cup spoonfuls of pancake mixture.
- Flip after a couple of minutes or when they start to bubble, and then cook other side.
- Serve with chia raspberry jam and some coconut or natural yoghurt.
TEA PAIRING: Our Bodhi Organic SereniTEA goes nicely with these buckwheat pancakes with chia jam.