No products in the cart.
10 TOP WAYS TO BOOST LIVER DETOXIFICATION
1. Dandelion root: This super liver herb makes a great caffeine-free alternative to coffee. Dandelion root stimulates liver detoxification, helping clear toxins from the body. It also boosts digestion and improves gallbladder function.
2. Kale: This nutrient-rich brassica vegetable contains high levels of sulfur compounds that are vital for liver detoxification. Add kale to your next veggie juice or salad.
3. Green tea: This antioxidant rich tea can help improve liver function by protecting it from the harmful effects of toxic substances including alcohol. Catechin, a polyphenol found in green tea, has been found to help prevent inflammation of the liver.
4. Avocado: This highly nutritious fruit helps boost glutathione production, which is one of the body’s master antioxidants necessary for the liver to remove toxins from the body safely.
5. Globe artichoke: This super liver vegetable contains cynarin, a chemical found mostly in the leaves of globe artichokes, which helps increase bile flow and strengthens liver and gallbladder function. The steamed leaves are delicious dipped in hummus, baba ghanoush, or tatziki. You can also take globe artichoke as a herbal tincture.
6. Garlic: Consuming garlic regularly is a great way to enhance liver function. It is a good source of selenium which is needed to produce glutathione in the liver, which is vital for detoxification to help eliminate toxic substances from the body.
7. Turmeric: Studies suggest that this super antioxidant-rich spice is beneficial for the liver by helping improve detoxification. Turmeric has also been shown to help increase glutathione production.
8. Broccoli sprouts: Broccoli sprouts contain concentrated levels of sulforaphane, a powerful antioxidant that supports healthy liver detoxification. Broccoli sprouts contain anywhere up to 100 times more of these compounds compared to broccoli. Add fresh sprouts to meals, or add the powder to smoothies or fresh juices.
9. Milk Thistle: St Mary’s Thistle or Milk thistle is widely used by herbalists throughout the world for its ability to treat and protect the liver. Milk thistle enhances liver detoxification, helping to remove toxins from the liver and body. This valuable herb has the ability to protect the liver and regenerate injured liver cells. The dried herb can be taken as a tea or it is available in tablet or fluid extract form.
10. Reduce your toxic load: We ingest toxins daily in the foods we eat, in the water we drink and in the air we breath. All these toxins put extra pressure on our hard working livers, which will have a negative impact on our health. Lighten your toxic load by eating fresh organic produce, and drinking organic tea that’s free of pesticide and herbicide residue. Eat wholesome unprocessed foods that don’t contain artificial additives, preservatives and harmful trans-fats, and drink plenty of filtered water. Your liver will love you for it!